Monday, January 15, 2007

They have some huge swans in London

Greg and I walked to the ICLC through Hyde Park today (about a half hour walk) and discovered an interesting fact, well, 2 actually:
1. They have some massive swans here
2. Everything (EVERYTHING) is dedicated to Diana, Princess of Wales. We are not kidding. We include the swans in this assumption.

This morning I had my internship interview. I had been told that you were virtually guaranteed to get your internship and that the interview was merely a formality. However, that's just not so, at least in my case. My interview is for a highly competitive internship (or so I was told), and I will be getting a call later in the week.

Unfortunately, this leaves me in a precarious position, as my internship is the main reason I'm here and a good portion of my credits for this semester. I'll keep you posted, but wish me luck!

On the way back I got to play with a British baby. That was fun :-) I was sitting on the Tube and he was next to me in a stroller, separated from me by a thick piece of clear glass (because London said so). I would put my hand up against the glass and he would put his on mine... it was quite possibly one of the cutest things in the world.

Attempting to get Internet for the flat today, but it requres a phantom land line phone number that we don't have. We're headed over to the realtor soon to see if they can help us out.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Mr Tim said...

Alyssa,

Luck is, once again, wished.

It turns out that I can get internet in my house, because someone else in the flat already has internet. AOL tells me (who knows if it's the truth) that I'll have to work out something with him which will allow us to get a wireless router. But he's on holiday, and no one knows when he's coming back. On the subject of internets... tell Greg I feel him on the way he feels a flat without internet can never feel like a home.

You're right about the giant swans, they are dedicated to the late Diana. They used to have normal sized swans. But when Diana died they were cerimonially shot to symbolize the death of beauty and grace. They were then replaced with bigger better swans. These swans are also ninjas.

-Tim

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Kim Gregson said...

oh man - that is bad news about the internship - something they might have mentioned before ya hopped on an airplane. Sheesh. Good luck. Is the ICLC helping you find osme other options?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home