Tuesday, January 16, 2007

First day of classes

Today was my first day of classes (Monday will usually be an internship day... I hope!) I had 2... each for almost 3 hours - Sport Marketing and Modern British History.

Sport Marketing
This class is team taught by a sports lawyer and a guy that works for MLB. We met one of our profs today (the sports lawyer) and proceeded to be completely confused by the syllabus, which was written up by the guy that works for MLB. There are overlapping projects, random papers, and some sort of group project that I really really hope we get to pick our groups for. The MLB prof is also trying to get us tickets to the London Super Bowl party, which, if he is successful, will be mandatory, with a critque and case study due afterwards. This means I will have to go to a Sunday night game starting at 11 or 12 my time, getting home around 4 am, and going to work at 9 the next morning. I'll keep you all posted on that little adventure.

I did, however, get to match wits with some boys about sports trivia, which was fun. That class seems like it could be really cool, just because sport marketing is so different from any other type of marketing. Plus half of my classes are taught at MLB with a bunch of guest lecturers. Sweet.

Modern British History
This class features some people I've had class with who I really like and some people I've encountered that I really... don't like. Unfortunately, the latter may drive me insane. However, the professor is really cool and very smart - a great lecturer. Plus, every three weeks or so we meet for class at a museum. Awesome? I think so. It seems sort of work intensive as well, so much for a slacker semester abroad! (Not that I was counting on one - but it's nice to dream)

I also signed up for a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon for Feburary 2nd and 3rd. The 4th will be spent sleeping in preparation for the Super Bowl. Busy busy!

That's all for now... attempt number 1,835 to get Internet commences tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home