Friday, February 16, 2007

Adventures in Haircutting

For all those that have asked me, yes, I did get my hair cut yesterday and, yes, it was definitley an interesting experience. First, I know you're all interested in the results:



The hairdresser was a great guy, except he kept referring to me as the "Jersey woman" (ahem. Jersey girl thank you very much) or the "typical American". And if I asked him to change something he was doing (like cut off more hair.. short does not translate well from American to English) he would get really mad and tell me he was giving me a "fantastic look" (which is true, but I just wanted a shorter fantastic look).

So, all in all, I am pretty happy. The hair place was just around the corner from my flat, next to the GELATO place that just opened. I tried to check that out last night, but it closed before 8. I'm not quite sure why (it's surrounded by places open until midnight, which is when the rest of London closes), but I was very depressed. Alas, today is another day.

The hair cut is mostly in anticipation for spring break, which we finally... finalized... this week. We head out to Greece on March 3rd and spend a few days in Athens before taking a ferry to Ancona, Italy. Not ferry like Staten Island Ferry, but an acutal ferry that takes 24-hours. That's the adventure portion of our trip. Then I'm going to take a train to Florence (Firenze... that was fun to figure out that those are the same... I'm a silly American) and spend a few days there using my 2 words of Italian to find my way around the Tuscany area. After that I take a quick train ride to Rome, spend 2 days there, and fly home! (The short hair is needed because I won't have time to do anything to it that whole trip. And it will be warm. And... I wanted to. So there.)

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Colin said...

beautiful!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.It's your hairdresser!!
You look so great with it shorter.You're much more daring than I.
Glad you are having fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home