Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Quick random update

Classes are going well. Internship is going great. Next week they're taking me to a conference... here (this is mostly for Kim's benefit, but, hey, everyone else might be interested too).

This weekend is the Stratford-upon-Avon trip and I'm very excited because we get to stay in bed and breakfasts. This is not as exciting to my counterparts from quaint New York and Massachusetts towns, but, in New Jersey, where we've only got big scary hotels or sketchy small motels, it's a nice change of pace. We got the gang (as I've decided to henceforth refer to it) staying in one with 3 rooms, so that will be awesome. We leave Friday morning and get back Saturday night.

Then... Sunday night... it's off the Super Bowl Party, which is apparently a big deal, but would be way cooler if kickoff wasn't at something like 11:30. You know what, time difference? Bite me. Hopefully we get the U.S. satellite feed and I get to see the commercials. I can be such an IMC geek.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Colin said...

yeah first comment! holla!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Mr Tim said...

Take it from someone who knows B&B's, someone who's stayed in B&B's and survived:

Some of the worlds biggest low lifes do their dirty business in B&B's. For some reason seedy houses in pretty country-sides attract the most lude and depraved individuals on the planet. I've never had a B&B experiance that didn't include being shot at, or having a politician die while with a hooker in the next room, or both. I long for a peaceful night in a wholesome roadside motel. I would mention the blood thirsty old ladies that run B&B's, but I don't want to undo the years of therapy that got the night terrors to stop.

Also, at the Superbowl party, there will be the cheering leaders of the Miami Marine life team at the party. I wonder if the cheer leaders evolved from wolf-like creatures too.

-Tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home