Sunday, February 25, 2007

Just your usual spring break...

Well, not really. Spring break starts this Friday, and we're off on what I think is a pretty cool trip:

Friday-Sunday
Leave London (Heathrow!) at 7:55 am (that will be a fun trip out to the airport) and land in Athens at 1:35 pm. Make our way over to our Hostel by reading signs that will probably be in Greek. Spend Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday touristing around Athens (where it's in the mid-60s right now. Be jealous!) and attempting to find some kind of Greek food that I'll eat.

Sunday-Monday
Take a bus from Athens to Patras (about 3 hours across southern Greece and the coast) and hop a ferry from Patras to Ancona, Italy. It's a 21 hour ferry ride and we're staying on the "deck", which I'm assuming means we'll literally be sleeping on the deck of a ferry. It's going to be a very... unique... experience!

Monday-Wednesday
Land in Ancona and take a train across Italy to Florence (Firenze). Spend 3 days in Tuscany, meeting up with the plethora of Ithaca people that are going to be there while we are (it seems everyone's spring break trips were similar). Most importantly, meet up with Meg and co. on Wednesday and take a train to Rome Wednesday night.

Wednesday-Friday
Bum around Rome (you know how it is), doing the various touristy things: drinking wine and eating pasta, riding a scooter and saying "Ciao", etc. Then Friday, fly home around noon and catch up on sleep because Colin's coming to visit the next day!

If you want a postcard from any of the places I'm going, let me know!

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg and co.? Firenze? I fit those criteria, haha. :-P I'm assuming your talking about another Meg though ;-) Anyway, I hope you have a great SB!
~Meg B.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Colin said...

I can't wait! :-D

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Hey Alyssa! I know we don't know each other very well, but I think that will change. I was wondering if you could get me a postcard from Athens, Greece. Thanks doll! My address is:
Sheri Barris
7012 Heege Road Apt. 106
Saint Louis, MO 63123

Talk to you soon! Bye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home