Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tap on wood!

Today I learned a new fun British phrase (add that to "pear-shaped" and "ring me on my mobile"). "Tap on wood" is the British equivalent to the American "knock on wood", because everything they do here is a lot quieter and more polite. When I answer the phone at my internship, my boss cringes because I apparently yell. Then again, this is compared to her calm, demure British whisper. Sigh.

I've been trying to think of a theme for this entry, but it's basically just a generic update. I leave in a little over a month and I am very very sad, especially because I've suddenly fallen completely in love with my internship and it's hit me that I just can't jetset off for a weekend in the states.

I did do a day trip to Canterbury last weekend, but it didn't merit its own entry because I was cold and wet the whole time. Oh, and because Canterbury is basically a big mall with a cathedral (which was, admittedly, gorgeous). We did stop at a pub before heading home and got pints to warm up and then the most amazing beef stew I have ever had (sorry Mom and Grandma).

My mom comes to visit tomorrow and we're headed off to Edinburgh for the weekend! We're going to see castles and green places and people in kilts. Oh, and our first mother-daughter pub experience. That should be memorable!

That's it for now... more after a few rounds of golf and Guiness this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home