Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spring has sprung and all that jazz

Spring is definitely here in London - people are out en masse on my street (And only my street. Seriously. It's the most crowded place in the world). Some of them eventually make it to Hyde Park, where they undress and hang out in their bathing suits or (not kidding) underwear. I go there and attempt to write my final papers. I don't get much work done, and can you blame me?

But London is in bloom and it is absolutely gorgeous. I live right next to Hyde Park and, on my way to work, I cut through the Victoria Embankment Gardens, where I eat lunch every Monday and Wednesday. There are strategically placed flowers everywhere in grids of red, white, yellow, and pink. The sun is actually shining (Ithaca kids, are you jealous yet?) and I really can't complain.

Oh. Except for the fact that it has become all too apparent that I am allergic to said pretty flowers. Which was helped today by my boss putting 24 lilies (my favorite!) in a vase directly in front of my desk.

But I'll take the sore throat and runny nose any day just because those flowers are so pretty.

Anyway, life in London is pretty good. I feel really removed from the States though and want to just say now that all of us over here are thinking of everyone at Virginia Tech and their friends and families. No matter how far away we get, we still feel the pain of tragedies from home and think of everyone all the time.

I've entered the teen countdown of heading home (18 days now, I think). I leave for Barcelona tomorrow and next weekend I'll be in Malta, so I don't have much time to say goodbye to London. I'm going to miss a lot of things, my internship in particular, but it will definitely be good to get home (and have a decent bagel!).

Again, I miss you all and I'm thinking of you constantly. Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Take notes on the Barcelona experience; my mom is meeting me there after my London internship ends!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home