Saturday, May 19, 2007

Adventures in Socialized Medicine: The Saga Continues

Just to keep you all posted from back here in America-land. I went to the foot doctor the other day to have a regular checkup (so I'm an old person) and he took a look at my foot. After much prodding and tuning fork hitting and x-raying, he decided that I had a stress fracture in my foot. Correction. I have 3 stress fractures in my right foot. This would be the same right foot from February that I was told was a "sprain".

Now I know socialized medicine is a great equalizer and allows the same access to medicine for all classes. But if that practice leads to a reduction in necessary tests performed, is it worth it? Or is it just another system that's broken and needs fixing? Just a thought.

Anyway, I get to wear a fun shoe thing that keeps my foot immobilized for the next few weeks. If it doesn't heal, I get to wear a cast in the middle of summer.

But, it is great to be back in Ammmurica and eating quality food again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home